Got engaged – what happens next?
You got engaged! We can imagine you are full of emotions and are probably not able to think straight. Do not panic, calm down and read our tips on what to do next.
1. Tell your family and close friends before posting this big news all over the social media , this does not happen every day, and they deserve to hear it from you personally (and since eventually you will post it on social media anyway, read these tips on how to take the best picture of your engagement ring).
2. Everyone is going to ask you when is the ‘big day’. Try to decide at least on a month straight away to avoid the confusion. Having a date/deadline in mind will also make it easier to start planning everything.
3. It might not sound very romantic but if your fiancée has spent a fortune on the perfect engagement ring for you, you might consider getting it insured. There is nothing bad in being practical!
4. Be prepared that all your recently married friends will suddenly become wedding planning experts and will be giving you a million ‘do’s’ and ‘don’ts’. Hear all of them out, because they might actually be useful but do not take their words for granted – each experience is different and only you know what is best for you.
5. First things to do before starting to plan the wedding – discussing the approximate guest list and setting a budget. Once that is decided, it gets easier.
6. Maybe you dreamt about this day your whole life and already know exactly how you want it to happen, or maybe it is a complete surprise for you and you did not expect to be getting married so soon. In any case, have a big picture of what kind of a wedding you want it in mind. Big (everyone you know) or small (just close friends and family)? Outdoors or in? Home (one of your home towns/your current city) or away (a destination wedding)? Modern, classic, vintage, rustic or all-out glam? Fancy, casual or somewhere in between?
7. Plan an engagement party. You do not necessarily have to have one, but it is a rather good excuse to gather your friends together and show off your pretty ring (and fiancé!). And if you need a perfect dress – you know where to find one!
These are some of the things to think about first. We hope these tips were useful, but most importantly we hope you enjoy being engaged and spending time with your loved one!
For more bridal info visit UK Bridal Directory