Mother of the Bride Dresses and Style Tips
After the venue is booked, the wedding gown is bought and some of the other main arrangements are made, it is time to think about the Mother of the Bride outfit. This day is just as special and exciting for the mothers of the brides as it is for the brides, and their outfit is (almost!) as important. Regardless of what kind of wedding it is going to be, Ariella has a right design for you!
Mother of the Bride Dresses and Style Tips:
1. Consider the location and the season when the event is held. If the wedding is outside, will you need some additional layers to keep you warm while you celebrate all night? Check out our elegant cover ups that will complement any outfit! Or choose one of our long-sleeve designs, like the velvet Rafaella, or Amia embellished dresses.
2. Wedding in summer? Or heading some place nice and sunny? Wear something light and bright, like our Celina wrap dress, available in red. We have a range of summer floral dresses perfect for such situation as well!
3. Decide whether you want an outfit change throughout the day. You can go for a floor length dress for the official part (consider our incredible Dallas beaded maxi gown) and change into something more comfortable to dance the night away, like our Carina, Bethan or Dara knee-length dresses from the new SS16 collection. Or you can even go for a skirt or a trouser suit!
5. Discuss your outfit with the mother of the groom, so your outfits do not clash. Think about the bridesmaids outfits as well, you want to look good standing next to each other on the group pictures!
6. If you are going to wear a hat, be sure to plan the appropriate hair style in advance.
7. Think carefully when choosing your shoes. Even though the style is important, you should also be prepared to be on your feet all day, so your shoes should first of all be very comfortable! You can always have a change of shoes, if you really want to put those heels on.
8. And lastly, even if something goes wrong on that day, do not stress, calm the bride and enjoy your day!