Wedding Guest Outfit and Etiquette Tips
There are a number of Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to choosing a wedding guest outfit and following a wedding etiquette. Here are some quick tips we have put together for you.
- Always RSVP. Even if you received an invitation long before the wedding, let the bride and the groom know if you can attend as soon as possible so they can plan their wedding accordingly.
- If you were invited to an early daytime ceremony and an evening black-tie reception, you do not have to worry about changing outfits or being over-dressed during the day. These days, going fully dressed-up during daylight hours is acceptable.
- If you can not attend, send a couple a gift. Etiquette dictates that if you were invited, you owe the couple a gift, even if you can’t make it to the wedding.
- Don’t dress to compete. You can wear your best wedding guest outfit but avoid wearing white or choosing an outfit that is too revealing.
- Don’t wear head-to-toe black (unless specified in the invitation). Instead, choose a colourful print, weddings are the perfect time for it.
- Weddings involve lots of walking, standing and dancing so make sure you feel comfortable enough in heels, otherwise opt for some elegant flats.
- Don’t leave before the cake is cut.
We hope these quick tips will help you avoid uncomfortable situations while being a wedding guest. And if you are looking for a bridesmaid, mother of the bride or a wedding guest outfit, take a look at our online store.